A question trade compliance professionals are challenged with is “What best practices should we follow to ensure a strong Internal Compliance Program?” The answer is made difficult by:
- Constantly changing domestic and international regulations make it difficult to meet the latest requirements.
- The challenge of lack of trained staff and challenging budgets.
- How aware the rest of your organization is of the trade regulations and how their work also greatly impacts regulations.
- Lack of technology integration between your systems, lack of data accuracy or lack of automation are also challenges you must overcome.
These challenges can make it difficult for trade compliance professionals to do their jobs effectively. So how do you maintain and develop a strong Internal Compliance Program to keep you compliant, avoid fines/ penalties and protect your company’s reputation? To help you excel in this complex landscape you should start with our e-book, “Internal Compliance Practice Best Practices: 7 Steps to Implementing a Successful Internal Compliance Program.“
Why Invest in a Strong ICP?
Building a strong ICP is not just a compliance requirement- it is a strategic investment that can revolutionize your trade compliance efforts. Our e-book explores the best practices of effective ICP’s which can help you develop your program providing you with a solid foundation to secure your organization’s success.
- From Cost Centre to Value Creator
As international trade becomes more complex, organizations with effective and sustainable ICPs can tap into new markets while maintaining operations in volatile jurisdictions, and navigate evolving compliance landscapes with confidence.
- Compliance Excellence
In a rapidly evolving global trade landscape, striving for compliance excellence is paramount. Our e-book equips you with the tools and insights necessary to navigate complex regulatory environments successfully. A robust ICP can not only ensure compliance but also drive operational efficiencies and mitigate risks.
- Employee Engagement
An effective ICP is a collective effort that requires buy-in and collaboration across your organization. Creating an engaged and empowered compliance team, ensuring that each member understands their role, actively contributes to your compliance objectives and how to foster a culture of compliance excellence should be a key goal of any ICP.
- Reputational Protection
A single compliance violation can have a devastating impact on your organization’s reputation. It is important to have the right tools and insights necessary to build a strong compliance culture that will help you protect your organization’s reputation and avoid costly fines and penalties.
The Steps to a Successful ICP
Our e-book outlines the key steps to implementing a successful ICP. By following these steps, you can navigate your compliance journey with confidence and achieve tangible results.
What Does the E-book Cover?
- What is an Internal Compliance Program and when do you need one?
- Why is an ICP important and why are they mandatory?
- Who is responsible for an ICP?
- What should a strong ICP include?
- Establishing clear policies and procedures
- What are dual-use goods?
- Export screening procedure
- Denied party screening
- Should NGO’s screen differently?
- Providing training and education
- Monitoring and auditing compliance
- Responding to and addressing compliance issues
- Whistleblower policy
- 7 Steps for Successful ICP
Why download the ICP Best Practices e-book?
By following the steps outlined in our e-book, you can implement a successful ICP that will help you protect your organization from compliance risks. Download our e-book now and unlock the secrets to a successful Internal Compliance Program!