CERS, G7 EDI Reporting for Exports from Canada
Descartes Visual Compliance™ has incorporated electronic G7 reporting capabilities into the Export Documentation Manager application to assist Canadian exporters to meet electronic reporting obligations with CBSA via solutions that can handle large volumes of data when used with the G7 EDI system and keep their supply chain moving smoothly.
Meet your obligations with CBSA easily
New legislative changes are obligating organizations exporting from Canada to report their export activity electronically to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) via the Canadian Export Reporting System (CERS) or the G7 Export Reporting Electronic Data Interchange (G7 EDI). The previous CBSA solution–Canadian Automated Export Declaration (CAED) process – has been decommissioned along with paper submission of the B13A form.
How we can benefit you
Enhance your organization’s Canadian export reporting efforts
- Efficiency GainsIn conjunction with our Export Documentation Manager, save time and other resources when creating and submitting declarations to CBSA in one workflow step.
- Cloud-based Record KeepingWith secure cloud-based solutions, our applications automatically help create an audit trail of export transactions for at least six years for tracking and reporting purposes, as well as in the event of a CBSA audit.
- Streamlined Submission ProcessPre-submission data validation helps increase the acceptance of declarations by CBSA the first time, allowing organizations to maintain a strong compliance record and keep their supply chain operating efficiently.
- Integrated ApproachDescartes Visual Compliance solutions can integrate with multiple major ERP and other business systems and support large amounts of data transactions between shippers and CBSA.
Solving compliance challenges
Providing companies with streamlined reporting processes
The initial feedback from the employees was, ‘this is awesome. This is a huge improvement, we love it.’ … Descartes Visual Compliance™ has managed to save us nearly 28,000 man-hours per year, and reduce our compliance risk exposure.
Due to the rising importance of compliance in our sector, we needed an automated screening solution that is efficient and highly reliable. Implementing the Descartes solution has resulted in a more systematic and efficient screening practice, which has significantly reduced costs and risks for the company and its clients.
Embedding Descartes Visual Compliance into our internally-developed systems and leveraging its automated screening capability has helped us to keep pace with the growing number of contracts that we manage. The technology increases capacity in the compliance team to focus on more strategic activities, such as training and internal stakeholder engagement.
You can’t grow your business if you keep doing manual screening. Descartes Visual Compliance was very easy to integrate into our existing ERP and sales platform. Now we have an automated way to check every order as it comes in. There’s no manual screening and we only have to go in to check when there is a flag.
By automating screening of our trade partner database against denied party lists and determining appropriate export license requirements, Argosy has realized a 75% productivity gain in our compliance practice. Descartes Visual Compliance has allowed us to focus more resources on international growth, better mitigate risk and ensure we achieve 100% trade compliance rates.
Dependable and Secure
Ongoing investment in robust, reliable data centers with secure SSAE16 environments provides you with leading-edge data security
- Respecting the importance of your data
- Built in security safeguards
- 24/7 available customer support
- Secure SSAE16 environment
An Intelligent System
Designed to learn as you use it, allowing you to create an automated export system that is uniquely tailored to your business
- Easy to set up and learn
- Pre-filled templates for repeat shipments
- Company-wide document consistency
- Streamlined, saving time and resources
Secure centralized management
Leverage a solution that enables collaboration, maintains an audit trail, and restricts access based on role
- Seamless fit with major business systems
- Single platform interface
- Company-wide visibility
- Global deployment
Streamline your compliance journey
Denied Party Screening
Comply with international trade regulations and avoid dealing with unauthorized parties.
Facilitate fast and accurate export classification decisions.
Streamline your export documentation, compliance, and licensing processes.