ECCN Classification Tool
Search the Commerce Control List (CCL), identify the sections of that apply, and find the right Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN) for your goods and technology.
Correctly classify your dual-use goods and technology
Descartes Visual Compliance™ ECCN Determination allows you to search the CCL and its indexes—separately or at the same time—streamlining the classification process and helping to identify the appropriate classifications for your dual-use goods and technology.
How we can benefit you
Easy and fast ECCN classification of your goods and technology
- Fully searchable
Powerful keyword searches highlight the relevant items listed in the CCL or use our drill-down system to navigate through the list.
- Easy to UnderstandBy breaking out and highlighting the important sections for each ECCN, our ECCN Determination makes understanding the CCL much more straightforward. Easily determine reasons for control, license requirements, and potential exceptions for your exports.
- Related Commodity Jurisdiction RulingsSee if your product is impacted by an existing ruling. Leverage the work of others by referencing Commodity Jurisdiction rulings related to your ECCN.
- License DeterminationOnce you’ve classified your goods and technology, Descartes Visual Compliance ECCN Determination helps with your license determination. ECCN information is presented in a manifest that lets you know what licenses are required and what exceptions may be available.
Solving compliance challenges
Making companies confident in their compliance due diligence—across all major industries and all around the world
The initial feedback from the employees was, ‘this is awesome. This is a huge improvement, we love it.’ … Descartes Visual Compliance™ has managed to save us nearly 28,000 man-hours per year, and reduce our compliance risk exposure.
Due to the rising importance of compliance in our sector, we needed an automated screening solution that is efficient and highly reliable. Implementing the Descartes solution has resulted in a more systematic and efficient screening practice, which has significantly reduced costs and risks for the company and its clients.
Embedding Descartes Visual Compliance into our internally-developed systems and leveraging its automated screening capability has helped us to keep pace with the growing number of contracts that we manage. The technology increases capacity in the compliance team to focus on more strategic activities, such as training and internal stakeholder engagement.
You can’t grow your business if you keep doing manual screening. Descartes Visual Compliance was very easy to integrate into our existing ERP and sales platform. Now we have an automated way to check every order as it comes in. There’s no manual screening and we only have to go in to check when there is a flag.
By automating screening of our trade partner database against denied party lists and determining appropriate export license requirements, Argosy has realized a 75% productivity gain in our compliance practice. Descartes Visual Compliance has allowed us to focus more resources on international growth, better mitigate risk and ensure we achieve 100% trade compliance rates.
Search both Commerce Control List (CCL) and the United States Munitions List (USML) simultaneously
- Simultaneous search
- Single point interface
- Follow the proper Order of Review
- Easy license determination
Risk country alerts
Easily find out if the destination country of your products is subject to sanctions or under embargo
- Built-in license determination assistant
- Trade restriction alerts
- Identify export license requirements
- Export compliance safeguards
Cross reference related CCL entries
Double-check and be confident that you have the most accurate classification information for your products and technology
- Related ECCN classification links where applicable
- Easy double-checking
- Most accurate information
- Cross reference multiple CCL entries
Superior record keeping for audit
Record your decision-making rationale and classification decisions within a Product Matrix
- Record and review
- Make informed decisions
- Justify previous decisions
- Reduce repeat classifications
Streamline your compliance journey
Denied Party Screening
Comply with international trade regulations and avoid dealing with unauthorized parties.
Facilitate fast and accurate export classification decisions.
Streamline your export documentation, compliance, and licensing processes.