EU Controlled Goods Export Classification
Helps ensure you have the correct export classification for the European Union and individual member nations.
EU Export Classification™ in One Searchable System
Everything you need regarding European Union export classification in one straightforward, searchable system that will help you easily search and find the information you need to make an informed decision.
How we can benefit you
Easy and fast EU classification of your controlled goods and technology
- Regulations from Multiple Countries
Easily determine classification information for your exports. Our solution’s search engine lets you search for European Union classification, as well as those of individual member nations in their native languages.
- Easy Comparison of Wassenaar to ECCNEasily compare your ECCN classifications to their Wassenaar equivalents, with the addition of available relevant amendment annexes. Compare each list side-by-side and make sure you’re on the right path.
- Dual Use and Military itemsFor exporting both dual-use and/or military items, Descartes Visual Compliance™ EU Controlled Goods Classification can help you classify both without needing separate tools to do the work.
- Search RegulationsSearch through the PDFs of regulatory documents from individual member nations in their native languages, helping you to make accurate and informed classification decisions.
Solving compliance challenges
Making companies confident in their compliance due diligence—across all major industries and all around the world
The initial feedback from the employees was, ‘this is awesome. This is a huge improvement, we love it.’ … Descartes Visual Compliance™ has managed to save us nearly 28,000 man-hours per year, and reduce our compliance risk exposure.
Due to the rising importance of compliance in our sector, we needed an automated screening solution that is efficient and highly reliable. Implementing the Descartes solution has resulted in a more systematic and efficient screening practice, which has significantly reduced costs and risks for the company and its clients.
Embedding Descartes Visual Compliance into our internally-developed systems and leveraging its automated screening capability has helped us to keep pace with the growing number of contracts that we manage. The technology increases capacity in the compliance team to focus on more strategic activities, such as training and internal stakeholder engagement.
You can’t grow your business if you keep doing manual screening. Descartes Visual Compliance was very easy to integrate into our existing ERP and sales platform. Now we have an automated way to check every order as it comes in. There’s no manual screening and we only have to go in to check when there is a flag.
By automating screening of our trade partner database against denied party lists and determining appropriate export license requirements, Argosy has realized a 75% productivity gain in our compliance practice. Descartes Visual Compliance has allowed us to focus more resources on international growth, better mitigate risk and ensure we achieve 100% trade compliance rates.
Global Compliance Platform
Ensure everyone is on the same page and using the same processes with a solution that works the way you work
- Seamless fit with major business systems
- Single platform interface
- Company-wide access
- Global deployment
Increased decision quality
Be more confident you’ve made the right decision when classifying your imports and exports
- Easily search EU classifications
- Review material in member nations’ native language
- Access dual use and military data from one system
- Side by side comparison of ECCN with Wassenaar
Comprehensive and up-to-date content
Most up-to-date set of export regulations for the European Union and member nations.
- Covers EU and Member Nations
- Search for dual use or military classifications
- Access current regulations and Annexes
- Most up-to-date data
From government sources
Descartes Visual Compliance’s European Union classification solutions make finding the information you need quick and simple.
- Multiple search options
- Easily review government regulations
- Global access
- Verified and updated information
Streamline your compliance journey
Denied Party Screening
Comply with international trade regulations and avoid dealing with unauthorized parties.
Facilitate fast and accurate export classification decisions.
Streamline your export documentation, compliance, and licensing processes.