Export Classification Workflow
The easy-to-use, all-in-one application for multiple classification requirements, from classifying your products as dual or military use to identifying import & export tariffs. The workflow covers the U.S. along with the European Union as well as for its individual member states.
Export Classification Workflow gives you access to our comprehensive, searchable classification determination solutions, including domestic and international classification information as well as associated regulations.
How we can benefit you
Optimize your export classification workflow
- All the tools you need in one placeThis robust solution includes tools to aid in classifying under the Commerce Control List (CCL), United States Munitions List (USML), and controls for the European Union, as well as for its member nations.
- Tariff ClassificationGet the tariff information you need for all your exports. Includes identification solutions for Schedule B and the Harmonized System, as well as other important tariff data.
- Structured WorkflowBuilt around the Order of Review, helping you make sure that you’re doing everything in the proper order. Workflows are designed to provide you with the highest priority information.
- License Determination AssistanceDescartes Visual Compliance™ Export Classification Workflow’s built in license determination tools make it easy to figure out reasons for control, what licenses are needed, and what exceptions may be available. It provides country-specific information to address specific controls related to sanctions and embargoes.
Solving compliance challenges
Making companies confident in their compliance due diligence—across all major industries and all around the world
The initial feedback from the employees was, ‘this is awesome. This is a huge improvement, we love it.’ … Descartes Visual Compliance™ has managed to save us nearly 28,000 man-hours per year, and reduce our compliance risk exposure.
Due to the rising importance of compliance in our sector, we needed an automated screening solution that is efficient and highly reliable. Implementing the Descartes solution has resulted in a more systematic and efficient screening practice, which has significantly reduced costs and risks for the company and its clients.
Embedding Descartes Visual Compliance into our internally-developed systems and leveraging its automated screening capability has helped us to keep pace with the growing number of contracts that we manage. The technology increases capacity in the compliance team to focus on more strategic activities, such as training and internal stakeholder engagement.
You can’t grow your business if you keep doing manual screening. Descartes Visual Compliance was very easy to integrate into our existing ERP and sales platform. Now we have an automated way to check every order as it comes in. There’s no manual screening and we only have to go in to check when there is a flag.
By automating screening of our trade partner database against denied party lists and determining appropriate export license requirements, Argosy has realized a 75% productivity gain in our compliance practice. Descartes Visual Compliance has allowed us to focus more resources on international growth, better mitigate risk and ensure we achieve 100% trade compliance rates.
Descartes Visual Compliance Export Classification Workflow includes all of our powerful classification solutions.
- Address controlled goods requirements
- Everything in one platform
- Record classification rationale
- No need for repeat classification
From government sources
Descartes Visual Compliance’s classification solutions make finding the information you need quick and simple.
- Multiple search options
- Easily review government regulations
- Global access
- Verified and updated information
Global compliance platform
Ensure everyone is on the same page and using the same processes with a solution that works the way you work
- Seamless fit with major business systems
- Single platform interface
- Company-wide access
- Global deployment
Increased decision quality
Be more confident you’ve made the right decision when classifying your imports and exports
- Search through Commerce Control List
- Access to USML
- Wide range of tariff schedules
- Breadth of international export regulations
Streamline your compliance journey
Denied Party Screening
Comply with international trade regulations and avoid dealing with unauthorized parties.
Facilitate fast and accurate export classification decisions.
Streamline your export documentation, compliance, and licensing processes.