Forced Labor Compliance in the Supply Chain
The U.S. is driving an effort to ban goods made with forced labor from entering global supply chains. With other countries also prioritizing the issue, organizations need to take proactive steps to clearly demonstrate compliance covering both direct and indirect suppliers.
Goods that cannot be proven to be compliant risk being seized by customs authorities.
Adopt the Right Technology to Mitigate Forced Labor Risks
The Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act (UFLPA) is the centerpiece of the U.S. initiative to remove forced labor from international supply chains.
Forced labor is defined by the Department of Homeland Security as “when individuals are compelled against their will to provide work or service through the use of force, fraud, or coercion.” (For more information about the issue, read our mini guide).
Descartes Visual Compliance™ solutions enable organizations to understand supply chain relationships, screen suppliers, and provide relevant documentation including audit trails to prove compliance.
How Can This Benefit You
Mitigate the risk of doing business with a supplier using forced labor.
- Gain Supply Chain Visibility
Establish visibility into high-risk supply chain partners to mitigate the risk of unwittingly allowing forced labor to be part of your production process.
- Enhance ComplianceEnsure none of your direct and indirect suppliers are using forced labor by screening against the UFLPA and other related lists.
- Prioritize Compliance ResultsGet fast results containing all the necessary regulatory compliance information organized by priority and alert levels.
- Screen Once and Move OnOnce a record is screened, it is automatically added to your Dynamic Screening list, eliminating the need to manually repeat screening, and reducing the workload of your compliance team.
- Improve ConsistencyEstablish organization-wide compliance by leveraging a SaaS-driven solution with worldwide access, 24/7.
Solving Compliance Challenges
Helping organizations mitigate risk and stay compliant with efficient and precise processes.
The initial feedback from the employees was, ‘this is awesome. This is a huge improvement, we love it.’ … Descartes Visual Compliance™ has managed to save us nearly 28,000 man-hours per year, and reduce our compliance risk exposure.
Due to the rising importance of compliance in our sector, we needed an automated screening solution that is efficient and highly reliable. Implementing the Descartes solution has resulted in a more systematic and efficient screening practice, which has significantly reduced costs and risks for the company and its clients.
Embedding Descartes Visual Compliance into our internally-developed systems and leveraging its automated screening capability has helped us to keep pace with the growing number of contracts that we manage. The technology increases capacity in the compliance team to focus on more strategic activities, such as training and internal stakeholder engagement.
You can’t grow your business if you keep doing manual screening. Descartes Visual Compliance was very easy to integrate into our existing ERP and sales platform. Now we have an automated way to check every order as it comes in. There’s no manual screening and we only have to go in to check when there is a flag.
By automating screening of our trade partner database against denied party lists and determining appropriate export license requirements, Argosy has realized a 75% productivity gain in our compliance practice. Descartes Visual Compliance has allowed us to focus more resources on international growth, better mitigate risk and ensure we achieve 100% trade compliance rates.
Curated and Verified for Quality
Our solution uses renowned suppliers of business information and research vetted by prominent worldwide experts.
- Accurate business information
- Vetted research
- A global network of validation experts
- Up-to-date forced labor screening lists
Built-in Record Keeping
Generate a full range of automatically recorded information to prove compliance.
- Automatically record screening details
- Easily demonstrate compliance to customs authorities
- Single source of truth
Automatically rescreens past entries daily, alerting you right away if the compliance status of any previous supplier changes.
- Mitigate risk
- Minimize supply chain disruptions
- Save time with automatic rescreening
Easy Business System Integration
Explore our flexible configuration options and ensure quick and simple implementation with your existing business systems.
- Screening takes place automatically
- Easy integration with major business systems
- Little-to-no setup
- Easy maintenance
Streamline your compliance journey
Denied Party Screening
Comply with international trade regulations and avoid dealing with unauthorized parties.
Facilitate fast and accurate export classification decisions.
Streamline your export documentation, compliance, and licensing processes.